> Committees > Cultural Committee
1- Juma'a Khutba:
- Determining names of Juma'a lecturers, alternatives, reminding them.
- Announcing names of Juma'a lecturers for (4 weeks)
- Preparing an alternative Khutba by one of us, just in case the Friday lecturer fails to come.
- Specifying topics for Juma'a Khutba that will be suitable with the needs of other committees: school importance, women, and youth.
- Setting up training courses on public speaking and Khutba.
- Stressing the importance of being punctual, and go by the beginning and ending time of khutbas.
2- Classes, course, and lectures:
- Determining the time for the weekly lecture, the lecturer, and the alternative.
- Stressing the importance of Quran lessons, determining the weekly time for it, and the instructor
- Choosing relevant and adequate topics for the lectures and Quran lessons.
- Putting importance to the Khatira (short talk), and setting a schedule for that.
- Supervising on the teaching of Arabic to non-Arabic speakers.
3- Other Activities:
- Preparing and supervising Qiyam and I'tikaf (stay over) Programs.
- Setting up adequate and relevant courses, and inviting guest speakers.
- Issuing a monthly newsletter for the masjid.
- Administering and coordinating in cultural programs with activities such as: field trips, camps, and occasions.
- Management and encouragement of educational competitions and prizes.
- Organizing and managing the Masjid Library.